Monday, December 3, 2007

Strolling down Memory Lane!

So this is our first official Day w/out Sage, Noah and Amber with us!!! So I am going to walk a little down memory lane! I can't believe the 6 mos is already over. We had a great time, with few "is there a tranquilizer gun for the kids" moments in between. And no, there are not tranquilizer guns out there for kids. We looked into it. I know, sad. Anyhow, we had no Idea that this silly pic of 5 would soon be 6. What a blessing this year has been. Danny and Brenda generously openned up their home, once again, to one of their kids. And once again, everyone came thru liking each other. That is a Huge Blessing. I don't know how they do it, but we lived w/them for 3 months and it was like a little vacation in our life. I am truly blessed w/the in laws!!! That is a huge answered prayer! So thanks Danny and Brenda for opening up your home to Amber and the kids.

Ok, the pumkin patch, one to remember. Amber w/her "Turkey call" & camera. Noah squeezing the daylights out of Moms. And Brady taking his only 2 steps that he's ever taken, b/c he wanted to be on the tractors that Katie and Noah were on. And of course, I'm the work at home mom who doesn't even see it. Amie tells me, so at least someone saw it.

Going to the circus - Crazy day, fun, seeing lots of extensions in hair, fat women in leotards, and lots of smiles from the kids. Before, During and After.

Going to see B right b4 thanksgiving. Something I loved is they all learned Psalms 23 and are in the process of learning Phillipians 4:4-9. So they got to recite that for B!!! And let me just tell you how sweet the kids were in our Kids for Christ. We have been talking about how we are a family in Christ and then we say a prayer, sitting in a circle w/our arms around each other. I said I wanted to say a prayer for Sage and Noah Sunday morning in class and Katie steps up and says she wants to say it. So she does and so does about 10 other kids. No need for me to say the prayer, they got that covered!!! Oh to have a heart of a child!!!!

B and two of her favorite Grandsons!!!!!

Mom's and Granddaddy w/all their kiddos. And by the way, notice Katie's hair - If you got a card last year from them, we are redeeming ourselves. Last years hair was "Awful"

Notice what Charlies shirt says then look at his face!!!!

Love the circle shot. Thanks to Julie(Jodi's cousin) for the idea
And then Brady and Noah. Honestly, b4 this stay, Noah was always odd man out. And I didn't really know him until now. I'm mostly glad that I got to know him better. He loves his little cousins!!

Love the look on Katie and Noah's face!! Those two are always up to NO GOOD!!!

And I wish I had a pic of the 4 of us girls. You know, usually when you marry into a family you don't always get the best picks for sister in laws. Well, I didn't pick them, God did, and let me tell ya, I've learned a lot from both of them. And then we have "OUR" friend Shannon who might as well be one of the sister in laws. Really, we are all sisters. We put up w/each others crud(and kids) and and still love each other. Truly, we are blessed. And the great thing is is that God is our strongest bond. I am blessed to be around all of them and to go thru the good times and bad times with them. God uses them to lift me up!!!

"Rejoice in the Lord always, I will say it again, Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near! Don't be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, w/thanksgiving, present your request to God. And the peace of God, which transcends All understanding, will guard your heart and your mind in Christ Jesus.
Finally brothers, whatever is true, whatever is noble, whatever is right, whatever is pure, whatever is lovely, whatever is admirable, if anything is excellent or praiseworthy, THINK ABOUT SUCH THINGS." Philipians 4:4-8

6 had to say:

Tracy said...

love all the pics.

i wish aric and amber were going to be here for longer too. it was good to see them again.

the look on brenda's face in the pumpkin picture is priceless!!! cracks me up everytime i see it : )

all of those kids are so cute and so lucky to be a part of the bramlett family. i just love all of yall!

Jodi said...

I just love all of y'all too!! That made me tear up... especially the part of Katie starting the prayer in Kids for Christ. How absolutely precious!! I sure miss all of you guys!! See you soon!

Heather said...

Okay--you gave me goosebumps and tears in my eyes! I'm so glad you all got to spend some great time together. You have a GREAT family--we always loved going to visit with you guys! You are very blessed--and I know you don't need to be reminded!
love ya
~heather

Amber said...

Ok, it's 9pm (shocker, my kids are awake) and we are in a parking lot using free internet access, so feel loved that I am taking the time to leave a comment!

Such a sweet blog, isn't it amazing how quickly 5 months can go by????

My kids felt loved. I bought them Captain Crunch.

amie said...

So sweet..that time went by to fast. It just makes me look forward to next summer!!

Brenda said...

It's easy to open up your home to your kids when your sons were smart enough to marry such wonderful girls! All of you start praying right now for your kids (and with your kids) for their mates. Nothing other than deciding to follow Christ is as important a decision. Many times choosing a mate will determine where you spend eternity. Scary huh? God is indeed good. I am very blessed to have such a wonderful family - even though they all want to strangle me sometimes! Noah just beat them to it. Love you and very thankful for all 14 of you.