Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Birthdays and Swimtime

Get your bathing suits and your goggles on!!!! It's time to have fun!!!
Cool Dude
Catching the Rays!
Playin' some volleyball. Last Sunday was family day at church so we took advantage and actually spent time w/the entire family. I had so much fun just watching the guys play volleyball. I have to say, I'm not that good at playing b/c I lack height. So consider yourself blessed if you are over 5 ft.....
Watchin' the game!Playin' the game!Katie Edward(who might as well be a nephew to me)
CalebJordan Tim havin a good time!!!
Love that he can go into the water w/out me in this little life jacket. These are so Awesome!!!
(And of course I'm there watching him)
LOVE THIS PIC!!!!
Had to show the pic of Addison pouting and the mean looks she likes to give when she is mad at a decision I made. You know what I probably said to her when she made this face...GET OVER IT Brady making us SMILE! These are the people who watched the excitement!!
Mom

CarrieMamaw Eating grapes w/the shovel.My Sombrero boy!!! And yes I know the bathing suit is just as hip as the Hat!!Eating birthday cake

Got the chocolate on the nose. Our age's combined - 68!!! Lovely!
"The Lord is MY SHEPHERD. (how blessed am I) I Shall not be in want. (I need to remind myself about that when I want something). He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters. (that is naptime, when all the kids are down). He restores my soul(that's the Holy Spirit), he guides me in paths of righteousness for His Name's sake(When he guides me I have to remember it has his name on it). Yea though I walk thru the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for though art with me(thank goodness), thy rod and thy staff, they comfort me(that's called boundaries/discipline). He prepares a table for me in the presence of my enemies. He anoints my head with oil and my cup Overflows. (I love this next part) Surely goodness and love will follow me ALL the DAYS of MY LIFE and I WILL DWELL IN THE HOUSE OF THE LORD FOREVER!!!! (yeah!)"



God is good to both Adam and I. We are so blessed and I am so thankful that Adam is such a good spiritual leader for our family. In 34 years, I have learned that I don't have to have anyone but God and when I do that, that's when he seems to bless me even more abundantly(maybe not immediately, but he does), and he is faithful.

Love the ending of a good swim!!!! Good sleep!!!






5 had to say:

Tracy said...

Those are great pictures! I love the first one of addison in her goggles, the one of her pouting, and all of them sound asleep after a good swim!

Happy (belated) birthday to you and adam! yall are old! :) j/k ...i'm right there behind ya!

Jodi said...

Happy 68!! Amazing! :)

Love the post. Your kiddos are too precious for words.

Anonymous said...

I love those pictures Christy! I especially loved the last one of Addison passed out! God is Good!

:o) Shannon

Amber said...

There are so many disturbing things on that post. The top picture of Addison in the goggles, the way that your nephews look like men.....You weren't kidding about Katie wearing the knees out of the jeans!

I'm so bummed that I'm not there for your guys' yard sale. We need to have one SO BAD, but I don't see it happening right now.

amie said...

Love the one of Addison in the goggles!!!