Sunday, February 10, 2008

Funny "Katie" Story

Ok, so you see the Hannah Montana photos from the last post. They were SUPER EXCITED to have gone to that. So we are eating at dinner out after the concert and again they are wired. Katie is acting slightly bad, so I remind her of the verse that we memorized "whatever is true, noble, right, pure, lovely, admirable, think about such things. Katie....think about such things. Ok" So she calms down a minute and she is off to coloring her page when I hear in a soft matter of fact voice.......... "You think about such things".

Yep, that's the bible coming back to bite ya!!! So maybe I need to teach her Proverbs 31 so when she spouts the verses back to me it will be Praiseworthy.

Oh, my Katie. She's a mess. And yes, we know, she is going to be a handful when she gets older. God's just building our strength now. Baby steps...

7 had to say:

Jodi said...

Oh that Katie. I absolutely just love her to death! I think of her everytime I hear someone say "blah blah blah." :) Great story. As her mom, it might not be as funny, but to the rest of us... we love it!

Anonymous said...

The good thing for you to remember is that ALL of our kiddos are going to be handfuls when they get to be teenagers, just in different ways! That's why God gives us our friends - to save us during moments of insanity!!!:o) Shannon

Anonymous said...

Great story but your forgot the story of her "earning" money and putting in her pocket. Hehe too funny.

Love your blog. Thanks! Love you!

Tracy said...

that little stinker. :) she's funny. she may test you at times, but hopefully you can turn your back and laugh a little without her seeing! :)

Brenda said...

Katie will never know she is famous at Wilshire. Every week someone will ask, got a new Katie story? Her pretending to be you on the phone last night disguising her voice will keep her fans happy the rest of the week! She makes me smile all the time, however, last night I had tears of laughter running down my face. Precious, precious, precious! Love you all

amie said...

I can hear her saying that in my head, which just makes it even funnier!! I am needing a Katie/Addison/Brady fix....I think I will need to fix that in the next few days!!

Amber said...

I smile b/c of the joy that child brings to me and I smile b/c of the torment that she will bring to you.

What a fantastically strong woman she is going to be one day.